Coming from Sage in August
The Sage Accel Switch fly rod series is a new medium-fast action rod series that includes single hand, switch and spey rods. For the Accel Switch fly rod Sage has reinvented its G5 blank technology that was so well loved in the now classic Z-Axis series and the VXP series that the Sage Accel two-handed Spey fly rods will replace.
According to Siem, Sage “[added] a graphite hoop core and axial fiber material in the new Generation 5 technology [which] allowed for a lighter, ultra-responsive, and livelier blank with a narrower shaft.” The result is a rod that Siem says “permits anglers to feel the rod load for optimum casting control.”
The Sage Accel Switch fly rods feature an emerald green blank color with, like the Sage SALT fly rod series, distinctive black wraps, Fuji ceramic stripper guides and hard-chromed snake guides. Reel seat and cork configurations vary depending on rod model.
All ACCEL models will be available in August 2014.
– All water
– Generation 5 technology
– Medium-fast action
– Emerald blank color
– Olive Green thread wraps with Garnet and Black trim wraps
– Fuji ceramic stripper guides
– Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
– Stealth Black aluminum anodized up-locking reel seat
– Cork fore grip and rear grip
– Black rod bag with Emerald colored logo
– Leaf Green ballistic nylon rod tube with divided liner
For more info on the Sage Accel Switch Rod