Back to Guided Trips


How much is an out of state fishing license?
Conservations License ($10.00) + Montana Fishing License ($15.00) for 2 consecutive days OR $70.00 per season. The license year runs from the end of February. You can now purchase licenses online from Montana Fish Wildlife & Parks

Can I rent gear?
The Kingfisher will rent fishing gear to its guided clients.

Where is The Kingfisher?
From the airport, we are about six miles due east. Just turn right onto Broadway and keep driving until you see the 9' neon trout! Traveling on I-90, take the Van Buren exit turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp, left onto Broadway, there we are!

Where can we stay?
There are a TON of places right in town. Here are some good options close to the shop:
1. Doubletree Inn (restaurant) 406-728-3100
2. Goldsmith's B&B (restaurant) 406-721-6732
3. Holiday Inn Parkside (restaurant) 406-721-8550
4. Creekside Inn (restaurant) 406-549-2387
5. Thunderbird Motel 406-543-7251
6. Holiday Inn Express 406-549-7600
A. Chamber of Commerce 406-543-6623

Are you sure we're using the right fly?

Kingfisher trips are run through Jim Cox's
Copyright © 2018 Kingfisher Fly Shop. All rights reserved.